Multilateral Relations Division
- All policy matters relating to the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- Financial assistance proposals under UNDP
- UN Regional, Inter-regional and Global Projects, Seminars and Conferences financed from UNDP Funds
- Administration of UNDP Local Office in Delhi
- GoI's Contribution to UNDP and Local UNDP office
- Government of India's contributions to the regular Programme of various UN Agencies controlled by other Ministries and covered under Pledging Conference
- Preparation of briefs on relevant documents circulated in connection with meetings of the UNDP Executive Board, UN-ESCAP, UN General Assembly, ECOSOC, UNIDO etc.
- Participation of Department of Economic Affairs in the Executive Board Meetings of the UNDP in New York/Geneva
- Visit of UNDP Administrator and other Dignitaries of UNDP to India
- Assistance to Least Developed Countries under UNDP
- Policy issues relating to the United Nations Fund for Population Activities (UNFPA).
- Matters relating to Millennium Development Goals(MDGs)
- All matters relating to the Foreign Volunteers Programmes in India including the incoming United Nations Volunteers (UNV) but excluding programmes in India for overseas Indian volunteers and outgoing volunteers under UNV
- Matters relating to Government Credits extended by the Government of Russia
- Scrutiny of contracts signed between Indian organizations and organizations in Russia for utilization of credits
- India-China Financial Dialogue
- Matters relating to SAARC, including SAARC Development Fund(SDF), Inter-Governmental Expert Group on Financial Issues etc.
- Work relating to overall coordination including RTI of MR Division
- Asia-Europe Meetings(ASEM)
- Territorial Charge of MR Division
- Sectoral Charge: Ministry of Defence, Ministry of Steel, Ministry of Mines, National Productivity Council and Ministry of Tribal Affairs
- Matters relating to Former USSR and the Govt. of Russian Federation.*
- Matters relating to CIS Countries.*
- Ministry of Mines, Ministry of Steel, Ministry of Defence.*
- National Productivity Council.*
|Section||Section Officer||Under Secretary||Director|
|MR-IV|| Mr. Ujjwal Kumar
Intercom : 5160
Room No. 266-B.
Mr. S. Subramoniam,
Mr. Y.Y. Parate
| Mr. D.S. Gaur
|Mr. Puneet Agarwal
- Export & Import Policy, Particularly the foreign exchange aspects thereof, matter to Counter trade, matter relating to Deemed Exports, including issuance of Notification/Public Notices in terms of its provisions of EXIM Policy.
- Providing advice to Department of Commerce from financial angle in matters relating to special Economic Zones/ Export processing Zones, Project Exports on deferred payment Terms, Border Trade, Project Export Guidelines etc.
- Foreign Exchange aspects relating to Import/Export of gold/silver.
- Providing inputs relating to Financing Services under GATT at the WTO and also similar inputs in connection with Regional Trade Agreements, Comprehensive Economic Cooperation Agreement (CECA) etc. Negotiated under the aegis of Ministry of Commerce & Industry with various countries and regional blocs.
- Work relating to Joint Commission and Economic Cooperation Agreements with countries in Asia and Africa and provides inputs on cooperation in financial Sectors for the meeting of the Joint Commissions.
- Matters relating to meeting of Trade and Economic Relation Committee (TERC)
- Matters relating to World Economic Forum
- Payment of salaries/allowances, etc. to Indian lecturers deputed to Sherubtse College/ Gaeddu College, Bhutan (for the period up to 31.3.2010)
- Reimbursement of expenditure incurred by various institutes - clearance of pending bills towards training under the TCS of Colombo Plan.
- Budget related matters of Colombo Plan
- Sectoral Charge: - Ministry of Textiles and Ministry of Commerce & Industry.
|Section||Section Officer||Under Secretary||Deputy Secretary(UN/FT)|
Tel No. 23095156
Room No. 275-A
|1. Ms. Jyotsna Gupta
Room No.276, North Block
2. Ms.Sumita Singh
Room No.272-A, North Block
| Mr. Puneet Agarwal